Wednesday, June 4, 2014

50 Just Keeps Getting Closer...
Bring It!!!

I have 2 months before I turn 50 and I have been listening to everyone’s suggestions about how to celebrate, commemorate and survive this “incredible” benchmark. There are many people who say, “oh, it’s just another day” while others keep their heads down and pray it passes quietly. Others ignore it completely and still others go big. My sister went to Hawaii and celebrated Hawaii 50! Great idea! I haven’t come up with a cool theme, title or focus but I have decided 2 things!
1.  I am going to celebrate my 50th birthday BIG in honor of those people who will never have the chance to celebrate their 50th and

2.  I am going to do 50 COOL NEW things this year…50 things I have never done before…big and little things…and I have already started!

So begins the list of 50 cool things!
  1. Seasons Pass at Winter Park so I can ski with John and friends
  2. Ski weekend in Steamboat with friends
  3. Spent a weekend in Sedona with my college girlfriends
  4. Raise money for the Davis Phinney Foundation
  5. An 18 hour mountain bike adventure with friends
  6. Ride in Ride the Rockies
  7. Imogene Pass Trail Race – registered for a September race
  8. Mickelson Trail Bike Ride – 100+ miles – August


For right now my focus is on coordinating and completing the nearly 500 miles of Ride the Rockies with John, Nicole, Michele, Nancy, Keith and Barry and our crew of Margaret, Kevin, Priscilla and the Davis Phinney Foundation Tribe! We are going to have a fabulous trip and I can't wait to start! Collectively we have raised $20,000 for the foundation and we have probably ridden our bikes 20,000 miles to get ready for the ride! I am so proud of my friends who have made the time and sacrificed so much in order to make next week a fun and viable adventure!

I am going to blog a bit every day after we ride so we can share our adventures! The photos I have included with this post are shots from our training!

See you in the mountains!




















No comments:

Post a Comment